We are so excited for May 1st! It’s the official kick-off to the National Bike Challenge – Ride for more Reasons!
Spring has sprung! Birds are chirping! Trees are getting green! We are ready to ride out bikes!
As you may or may not know, May is the beginning of National Bike Month: the celebration of all types of bicycling. There are so many great activities going on in the region, we want to make sure you know where to look. Here is a list of our favorite events and rides, but by far, not all of them…
- May 1 – Kick-off to the National Bike Challenge. Gather your friends, ride May 1-31st to win great prizes and ride for more reason.
- Also May 1 – Tomfoolery Talks: Bicycles Are The Answer. Join this bike-minded discussion with a panel of local bikey-champions at Mudlick Tap House. Donations welcome.
- May 5 – Bike for the Health of It & Link Bike Share’s Anniversary. Find out more on our calendar of events.
- Also May 5 – Women’s Mountain Biking Day. Lead a ladies ride, gather your girlfriends and hit the trails. Event details through IMBA. Local events happening through MVMBA.
- May 8 – National Bike to School Day. Get your kiddos on a bike to get to school. Get an A-B-C Quick Check done the week and day before, to make sure the bike is in good working condition.
- May 11 – Taste of the Arts. Ride your bike to this family-friendly event & utilize the Bike Parking Corral run by Bike Piqua volunteers.
- May 13-16 Mid-American Trails and Greenways Conference (MATAG). Trail professional, champions, and park professionals will gather in Columbus to share best practices and improve our places to ride.
- May 16 – National Ride of Silence. A bike ride to commemorate those lives lost while riding a bicycle. Major Taylor Cycling Club will host in Dayton. J & D Bicycles is the local host in Miami County.
- May 18 – National Bike to Work Day & Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast. Get started bicycling to work with your co-workers and friends, stop at RiverScape for free breakfast and browse vendor tables. Visit MetroParks.org for more details and to register.
- May 20 – 44th Huffman Spring Classic. Register to ride with the Dayton Cycling Club’s signature event.
- May 26 – Wegerzyn Bike Rodeo for Kids. Join MetroParks Rangers & trail patrollers for a day of bike safety. Bring your tot’s bike, take the safety course, get a free bike helmet fit.
- May 30 – Trailside Repairs. Join Cycling Coordinator, Randy Ryberg, and learn how to make small repairs to your bicycle and know what the proper tools are for the job. Registration required. $10