‘Tis the Season for Giving
December 22, 2017
At Bike Miami Valley, we appreciate all of the hard work you helped us accomplish this past year. We really cannot do this work without support in the community.
Here is a show list of the cool things we were up to that you supported:
- Organized the Miami Valley Cycling Summit, our signature biennial event, activating cycling at WSU in Greene County, with over 350 participants
- Led 8 How We Roll on-street bike rides as part of our adult cycling education program
- Activated volunteers and partnered with local police to install 75 sets of bike lights for people
- Coordinated a dozen bike valet parking areas at festivals, saving over 13,300 lbs. of CO2
- Organized letter-writing campaigns for better streets and trails in 6 cities and 3 counties
And also we rallied bike advocates, like you, at multiple public input meetings or council meetings, that resulted in bike infrastructure funding or bike-friendly design approval.
Wow! What a year! Thank you for the support when we needed it. There is still much more to do to achieve our mission to advocate for people who ride, promote bicycling activities, and create cycling opportunities. This is where you come in again…
As a supporter of bicycle-friendly efforts and an advocate for safer streets and trails, we are hoping that you find value in our Bike Miami Valley membership and that you will step up to renew or join for the first time. We need supporters like you when we speak to city council members, host educational classes, and distribute cycling resources across the region. Your support of just $25 as an individual or $50 for a family, unlimited helps us out and bolsters our unified advocate voice for all forms of cycling.
We wish you happy holidays and look forward to the new year!